Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Peteetneet Quilt Show

Hi all!  I’m finally getting around to posting about my excursion to the Peteetneet Quilt Show last Saturday. I took my little girl with me and I’m so glad to say that I think she fully has the fabric bug in her blood!  First, we went to a class and watched a lady demonstrate how to fmq and also how to add words to your quilts. 

 

IMG_7231

 

Then we walked around and looked at all the quilts on display. There sure were lots of pretty ones!  Here are some of my favorites:

 

 IMG_7232

This one is a tribute to Abraham Lincoln. Amazing!

IMG_7234

 IMG_7236

My daughter loved the dresses on this quilt so she wanted to draw a picture of one of the dresses so she’d remember it later.

 IMG_7237 

Pretty good rendition, wouldn’t you say? : )

 

I thought that these next couple of quilts were amazing as they were done by girls who are about 16-18 years old.

IMG_7241 

IMG_7242

On this one, the girl hand-stitched some scriptures and quotes onto the blocks- beautifully done!

 

IMG_7243

This is the second youth one that I really liked, and it’s kinda hard to tell in the picture but each of the flowers are three dimensional.  So cute! On the paper that described this quilt, she said that this quilt will go with her to college, and she was now going to start on a wedding quilt to go in her hope chest. Awesome!

 

IMG_7246

Another pretty quilt.

IMG_7244

This is me and my daughter – great friends and fellow fabric and quilt-a-holics.  Life doesn’t get much better than this. : )

 

At this point, the batteries in my camera died. Bummer, cuz on the very next row were three awesome quilts made by my friend Marion.  I had only seen them on her blog and to see them in person was so great!

 

It was a fun morning!

Myra

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...