Friday, May 4, 2012

Back Atcha Marion!

So Marion has been so kind with her words today on her awesome blog MyQuiltDiet.blogspot.com, that I thought it only fair to tell everyone a few neat things about her!

Besides being an amazing, energetic, wonderful person, she is also the one who first inspired me to start quilting! Yup, just over 21 years ago, about the time when she was expecting her first baby and I had just had my first baby (I think the timing is right, Marion?) anyway, she was trying real hard to not go nuts during the last couple of weeks before her baby was due and she needed something to do. So, she made me a patchwork quilt for my new baby boy! It was so cute! I wish so badly I still had it, I have no idea where it's gone to! But it was made out of cute blue fabric and she made it in a snap (as you can imagine if you follow her blog!)

I was so intrigued by it and she told me all about how to do it, so later on I made one for that same son's 1st birthday.

And so it started.... I was hooked! : )

I do have this beautiful cross-stitch sampler that Marion made for me years ago and it still hangs on my bedroom wall. It's so pretty, I love it!

Marion is amazing and she has always held a special place in my heart!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! I can hardly remember that long ago. Man! ....Wait, you made a puffy quilt for Anna.... didn't you? I am going to have to dig it out and post that pic, along with a dress you made for her too.. Humm... this is going to be an awesome show and tell as I remember a little here and a little there ....

Unknown said...

Hey Myra! I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog award :) Check it out! http://myquiltdiet.blogspot.com/2012/05/holy-cow.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...